1. Please make sure you arrive on time for school. Remember class begins at 8:00 AM. Also don't forget that Thursdays are short days - we finish at 1:03 PM.
2. The weekly reports will be going home each Tuesday. I will also be sending out student work in a yellow folder. Please sign to folder and have your student return it to me the next day. By signing it, I know your child showed it to you. If you have questions about how your child is doing, please feel free to see me before or after school, call, or make an appointment. Thanks!
3. CAASPP Award Assembly will be October 5.
4. Picture Day will be October 5.
5. The Autumn Festival will be on Friday, October 26.
6. The Scholastic Book Fair will be the week of October 22 through October 26.
7. Red Ribbon Week will be from October 23 through October 31.
8. Remember; We are a uniform school; All students are required to be in uniform unless it is a free dress day. Uniform requirements are as follows;
1. Navy blue, or tan, pants, shorts, or skirts
*pants must be properly sized - no sagging
2. plain white or navy blue shirt
[shirts must have collars]
3. Shoes must be closed toe [no sandles]
For furthur clarification consult your parent handbook
9. Parents: During the school year, make sure your child is getting sufficient sleep. Students in 6th grade should be in bed - lights out - by 9:30 P.M. Electronic devices should be either turned off [computer] or placed in another room [cell phones, hand held video games, tablets] to make sure they are actually sleeping and not on their electronic devices. I get far too many students who are having a hard time focusing because they are sleepy. Remember: You can't soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls!
10. Here is a link for prefixes and suffixes to help students when working on the vocabulary web homework.