1. Please make sure you arrive on time for school. Remember class begins at 8:00 AM. Also don't forget that Thursdays are short days - we finish at 1:03 PM.
2. Don't forget that weekly reports are going home each Tuesday. Be sure to have the signed and returned the next day. Too Many students are not returning them. Thanks!
3. May 24 will be the light show assembly.
4. May 28 is Memorial Day - no school.
5. May 24 is Family Night 4 - 5 PM
6. May 29 will be the 6th grade kickball tournament
7. May 30 is Open House.
8. Remember; We are a uniform school; All students are required to be in uniform unless it is a free dress day. Uniform requirements are as follows;
1. Navy blue, or tan, pants, shorts, or skirts
*pants must be properly sized - no sagging
2. plain white or navy blue shirt
[shirts must have collars]
3. Shoes must be closed toe [no sandels]
For furthur clarification consult your parent handbook
9. Parents: During the school year, make sure your child is getting sufficient sleep. Students in 6th grade should be in bed - lights out - by 9:30 P.M. Electronic devices should be either turned off [computer] or placed in another room [cell phones, hand held video games, tablets] to make sure they are actually sleeping and not on their electronic devices. I get far too many students who are having a hard time focusing because they are sleepy. Remember: You can't soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls!
10. Here is a link for prefixes and suffixes to help students when working on the vocabulary web homework.