1. Please make sure you arrive on time for school. Remember class begins at 8:00 AM. Also don't forget that Thursdays are short days - we finish at 1:03 PM.
2. Monday, February 11, will be a holiday - no school.
3. Monday, Februry 18, will be a holiday - no school.
4. Progress notices will be sent home on February 8
5. February 5 will kick off the "Pennies for Patients" fundraiser for Lukemia and Lymphoma.
6. Remember; We are a uniform school; All students are required to be in uniform unless it is a free dress day. Uniform requirements are as follows;
1. Navy blue, or tan, pants, shorts, or skirts
*pants must be properly sized - no sagging
2. plain white or navy blue shirt
[shirts must have collars]
3. Shoes must be closed toe [no sandles]
For furthur clarification consult your parent handbook
7. Parents: During the school year, make sure your child is getting sufficient sleep. Students in 6th grade should be in bed - lights out - by 9:30 P.M. Electronic devices should be either turned off [computer] or placed in another room [cell phones, hand held video games, tablets] to make sure they are actually sleeping and not on their electronic devices. I get far too many students who are having a hard time focusing because they are sleepy. Remember: You can't soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls!
8. Here is a link for prefixes and suffixes to help students when working on the vocabulary web homework.