1. Please make sure you arrive on time for school. Remember class begins at 8:00 AM. Also don't forget that Thursdays are short days - we finish at 1:03 PM.
2. The weekly reports that were going home each Tuesday will not be sent out as it is close to the end of the year. If you have questions about how your child is doing, please feel free to see me before or after school, call, or make an appointment. Thanks!
3. June 1 will be the 6th Grade Movie Day.
4. June 4 is the last day of the book fair.
5. June 4 are the 6th Grade fun Relay Races and promotion rehearsal.
6. June 12 is "Splash Day" 8:30 - 9:30. Students may wear a bathing suit under their clothes and bring a towel. Students may NOT change or dry off during class time.
7. June 12 from 11:00 - 12:50 is the Room 9 "End of Year" class party. This is a cultural food pot luck.
8. June 13 is the 6th Grade "Pizza Party" and yearbook signing. If you are bringing a shirt to be signed it MAY NOT be worn. Promotion rehearsal will be from 1 - 2 PM
9; 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony will be from 9 - 10:30 +/-. Students must report to their rooms at the regular time [8:00 AM]. Parents should come early is they wish to sit.
10. Remember; We are a uniform school; All students are required to be in uniform unless it is a free dress day. Uniform requirements are as follows;
1. Navy blue, or tan, pants, shorts, or skirts
*pants must be properly sized - no sagging
2. plain white or navy blue shirt
[shirts must have collars]
3. Shoes must be closed toe [no sandels]
For furthur clarification consult your parent handbook
11. Parents: During the school year, make sure your child is getting sufficient sleep. Students in 6th grade should be in bed - lights out - by 9:30 P.M. Electronic devices should be either turned off [computer] or placed in another room [cell phones, hand held video games, tablets] to make sure they are actually sleeping and not on their electronic devices. I get far too many students who are having a hard time focusing because they are sleepy. Remember: You can't soar with the eagles if you hoot with the owls!
12. Here is a link for prefixes and suffixes to help students when working on the vocabulary web homework.